Monday, September 24, 2007

Maybe that's why they want you to share KitKat bars.

So I'm sitting here eating a KitKat bar and thinking to myself..."Hey, I really shouldn't be eating this. I'm eating a whole lot of chocolate lately and I think I really should cut back." As I'm looking at the Nutrition Facts in hopes that I can say "well, it has fibre! I need fibre!" I read "Your good health comes from a balanced diet, proper nutrition and physical activity" in the KitKat font.

Why would you put this on a chocolate bar? Are they trying to do the same thing as the smoking ads? Trying to guilt trip you into not smoking? The "this is your lungs right now" and it's like a picture of shit or something.

Not that I have a problem with anyone promoting good health but why would they put that on a food item that is clearly not even close to being part of a "balanced diet" or "proper nutrition." That's like if they wrote on ciggarette packages "Your healthy lungs, clean teeth and flesh tone fingers come from a combination of healthy air and intense cardio" "It's a fucking chocolate bar! Perhaps they could put a picture of a fat guy surrounded by many chocolate bars with a caption saying "This could be you"


Marketing is fucked.

No comments: